Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bridal Veils from Woman's Day 1955

February 1955 Woman's Day Veils to Make

For the bride with a vintage flair, the available headpieces to complete the ensemble are not so easy to find in the ready-to-wear bridal shops. This 1955 article with charts and instructions for 8 headpieces with veils makes it easy to be vintage on your wedding day.

Lace Bonnet - photo by Ben Somoroff


Satin Band with Illusion photo by Ben Somoroff

Velvet Bow photo by Ben Somoroff
Satin Halos photo by Ben Somoroff

Pearl Embroidered Lace Cap photo by Ben Somoroff

Pleated Satin Cap photo by Ben Somoroff

Gathered Illusion Cap photo by Ben Somoroff
Velvet Disc photo by Ben Somoroff


Download instructions to make all 8 veils HERE. Prints on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. 

Find more Bridal veils, headpieces and wedding gown patterns on my CynicalGirl on Etsy shop.

Download this Bird Cage Fascinator pattern HERE.

And for your 1950's vintage finale - print out this pattern for Brides Blue Garter. Make it special. Make it yourself!

5 comments:

  1. I love the "Satin Halos"! I won't be doing the bride thing again anytime soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - and thank you for the downloads:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Looks like a nun, spelled backwards, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! how I wish I had seen these when I was planning my wedding, I would have loved that halo one, or the gathered illusion.

    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete